- From the Home screen (or whichever screen you’ve moved the
icon to), click the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, click Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Click Add Account
- Click Microsoft Exchange
- Enter the information in the account screen:
- Enter your e-mail address *exactly* as the default account is set (for example, if your outbound e-mail address is Jonathan.Dough@smallbizco.net, enter it exactly that way – do not enter firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your internal domain name (if needed)
- Enter your account name (this is the name used to log into your computer, it may or may not match your e-mail address)
- Enter your account password
- Enter a description for the account (Exchange will be the name if you do not put anything into the description field
- Once you have verified that the information entered is
correct, click Next.
- You may see a warning that your server identity cannot be
identified. This is expected if the server is Exchange 2003 or
if the Autodiscover record for the server has not been set up
properly. If you see this message, click Continue.
- If you did get the previous message that the phone could not
verify the identity of the server, you will need to enter the
name of the server. This will be the same address you enter to
get to Outlook Web Access (i.e., if you use
https://remote.smallbizco.net/owa as the address for your
Outlook Web Access server, then enter remote.smallbizco.net in
the Server field).
- You may receive a second warning that the server identity cannot be verified. This will be the case if your Exchange server has an invalid or untrusted SSL certificate. The iPhone can continue to communicate with the server using this certificate, and that communication is still secured. If this is the first, or second, time you get this warning, click Continue.
- If you receive a message that the Exchange account cannot be
verified, click OK and make sure you have entered the account
information correctly. This error will most often appear if a
password has not been entered correctly or if the Domain
information is incorrect.
- Once the account has been validated, select which Exchange
features you wish to synchronize with your phone, then click
- After creating the account, you can go back into the account
settings to change the items you wish to synchronize, or to
modify other synchronization options.
At this point, your iPhone will start to synchronize information with your Exchange account. Depending on the data connection speed of the iPhone and your server, along with how much data you have in your mailbox to synchronize, this process may take some time.